Captricity is seeking a Solution Engineer to join our Professional Services department. Are you highly organized, able to learn complex processes quickly, driven to solve challenging problems and motivated by working closely with team members and clients? We’d love for you to come join us!
The ideal Solution Engineer is an excellent software developer, passionate about customer success, experienced in Hybrid Enterprise and SaaS solutions. We’re looking for people who enjoy a challenge, want to tackle new projects all the time and excel in a growing startup environment. You will collaborate across departments to implement our services for each of our customers, from set-up, to production and delivery. Through this process you will play an active role in improving and shaping the Professional Services department and our product. We are a small team that collaborates closely, and we expect you will take initiative and grow within the role and company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in deploying scalable, cloud-based systems, particularly on AWS
- Knowledge of ETL, data management concepts, distributed systems
- Consulting or customer-facing experience a plus
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda and serverless computing concepts a plus
- Become a technical expert on our product and develop solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- Participate in customer facing projects from discovery, implementation to go-live.
- Communicate with Enterprise customers to gather technical requirements, create design specifications, build in an Agile manner, create test plans and documentation.
- Extend Captricity capabilities using Python and other programming languages in accordance with design specifications.
- Work closely with the following internal teams:
- Customer Success team to ensure customer satisfaction, utilization and renewal.
- Sales team on solution discovery with prospective customers.
- Engineering on implementing and deploying advanced solutions.
- Product team to identify, define and test new features and solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug code and system behaviour to ensure system performs to spec.
- Identify, triage and escalate issues to management and the internal teams.
- Contribute to the development of internal tools to speed integrations.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Upbeat, even-tempered and empathetic -- able to address challenging situations with humor, understanding and patience.
- Outcome-driven and great at anticipating and preventing issues before they arise.
- Bias for action: be proactive, if something needs to get done, volunteer to do it.
- Stellar problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate both problems and solutions clearly, effectively and kindly.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced setting.
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time and effectively prioritize.
- Desire to work with and mentor less experienced team members.
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient, but also enjoy collaborating closely with a team.
- Constantly looking for ways to develop and improve processes, best practices and our product.
This position requires working in Captricity’s Oakland office or New York workspace. Early morning meetings with East Coast customers are a common occurrence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.