The Associate Director, Sales Marketing will be a key leader on the Fatherly Sales and Marketing teams, responsible for the pre-sales marketing process including all sales marketing materials, proactive pitches and RFP responses.
The candidate will liaison between Sales, Creative and Editorial, responsible for driving advertising revenue through the creation of custom, 360 proposals that touch editorial content, video, social and events. Winning proposals require best-in-class ideas, succinct marketing plans and solution-oriented thinking.
This individual will be in charge of elevating all marketing materials and working with the creative teams to create branded content and generate new franchise ideas. Marketing materials include presentation decks, case studies, industry reports and product offerings. Finally, this candidate will be responsible for managing our competitive analysis process to ensure we are developing market-leading ideas.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. In the last year, Fatherly generated over a billion video views, was named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, WPP, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report among others.
- Develop market-leading ideas and proposals for proactive thought starters, RFI’s, and RFPs
- Lead the cross-functional collaboration with the Editorial, Sales, Events and Video teams to align on key marketing initiatives and annual calendar
- Create and refine high-level Fatherly brand collateral and media kits
- Develop category level selling materials for key growth areas for the company
- Manage our competitor analysis process
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you are amenable to last-minute requests from our clients and internal partners
- 5+ years of integrated marketing experience at a publisher creating 360 solutions at a media company. Expert at ideation and the art of responding to RFPs. (If you haven’t worked at a publisher/media company you are not qualified for this role.)
- Experience developing thoughtful branded content that maintains a brand’s editorial POV while delivering on client goals
- A knack for building show-stopping marketing presentations
- A desire to grow at an industry-leading digital media company as part of a winning Sales team
How To Apply:
If you meet the above qualifications AND have worked at a media company please send your resume and briefly introduce yourself via email and provide any links or clips that showcase relevant work.