Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company focused on developing digital learning tools, virtual reality and interactive content across mobile devices that provides teachers an easy and efficient way to leverage technology in the classroom by creating learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
Since its launch in 2012 Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology. Nearpod currently reaches ~5M students monthly. In 2016 it was named one of Inc. 500’s fastest growing private companies and was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod has offices in Miami, Florida and San Francisco, California and is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, as well as Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
We're looking for a talented mid-level UX designer to join our growing UX team. This is a full-time position based in our office in Aventura, Florida. As a UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product ideation process.
Your responsibilities are:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products/features for our users (teachers, students, administrators).
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists as part of the ideation process, from conception until launch.
- Participate, lead and coordinate user-testing sessions
- Produce high quality, detailed deliverables including personas, journey maps, scenario diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes
- Collaborate and support development to ensure the highest quality product
The perfect candidate:
- Has a strong design sensibility and ability to empathize with our users, both educators and students in grades K-12.
- Must have excellent user experience design skills, clearly demonstrated in an online portfolio.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here just to execute; challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too!
- Is passionate about bringing technology into the classroom and has knowledge of education technology trends.
- LOVES mobile but has also a keen eye for web.
- Has experience using tools like Sketch and Invision.
- Has worked on apps for extreme users (kids) and/or users with different skill levels.
- Has great communication skills: you should be able to articulate your design decisions and the problems you're solving
- Has incredible precision, attention to detail, and organization skills.
- Is comfortable presenting ideas and design concepts to small and large crowds
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Experience in developing educational technology products and knowledge of pedagogy is a plus.
If you think you are the right candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please email us your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.