Nearpod’s Content Team is looking to hire a term-of-project educational Spanish content writer for a 6-month contract. The position is based in Aventura, FL with the possibility of joining the Content Team full-time upon completion of the project. To be considered for this position, you must live locally and be able to work from the office.
As an educational Spanish content writer on the content team, you will develop and write lessons that leverage research-based instructional practices to maximize Nearpod’s interactive features and engage students. For this project, you will create mini-lesson plans, focused on Spanish oral language development for a K-5 audience. Lessons will focus on real-world connections, application, and conversational use of the Spanish language.
In order for your application to be complete, we ask that you please submit one (2) lesson plans OR two (2) lessons either as a Powerpoint Presentation or Nearpod lesson. Your lesson should be tailored to ONE specific grade level (K-5) of your choosing and should include opportunities for modeling. For the purpose of this sample, your mini-lesson should be 8-10 slides total.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and create lesson plans for engaging ready-to-teach lessons for a K-5 supplemental content offering
- Collaborate with Learning Experience Designers to define and execute digital content production projects
- Provide suggestions and formal proposals to improve digital content design
- Correlate lessons to selected state and national standards
- Deliver projects on-time and within budget and scope
- Review final lessons after production
Required Skills and Experience:
- Available to work 40 hours a week minimum
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required
- Teaching certification or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Fluency in Spanish required, native fluency preferred
- 2-5 years of Spanish classroom experience required
- Strong familiarity with academic standards required
- Strong familiarity with ACTFL standards required
- Ensuring educational deliverables meet learning objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in pedagogy and instructional design
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Incredible precision, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and curriculum trends
- Ability to work independently and be responsible for meeting goals
- Energetic, with a strong work ethic, and excellent track record of success
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.