The Chief of Staff to the COO will be embedded cross-functionally into monetization-related projects at Blavity. These range from organizational strategy, sales strategy, advertising operations, P&L management, product optimization, and long-term visioning and planning. The Chief of Staff will report directly to the COO, and will be expected to thrive and grow with minimal oversight on a day-to-day basis.
Work directly with COO and senior management on company strategy, monetization, operations and research/analysis, including (but not limited to):
- Employing a hypothesis-driven approach and delivering insightful analysis of market opportunities for both current and upcoming products.
- Driving reporting and tracking against internal metrics (technical, financial, sales and strategic).
- Combining internal analysis with ongoing market research and competitive landscaping to advise pricing, partnerships and market opportunities for new and existing products.
- Assisting in drafting product requirements, strategic goals and mockups/prototypes for potential product innovations or strategic innovations
- Support the COO in managing across 5-8 cross-functional leaders, building effective relationships that support knowledge sharing, analysis and collaboration on strategic projects, including Business Development, Customer Success, Ad Operations, and Business Operations.
- Bridge senior and C-suite communication channels between technical, creative, and sales-orientated stakeholders in the spirit of maintaining both project momentum and stakeholder buy-in.
- Minimum of two years experience at a top consulting firm
- Minimum of three years leadership and/or senior-level operations experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats and step in as a facilitator, when needed.
- Independent, entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Comfort with ambiguity and a proven love for transforming unorganized/complex data into rigorously structured, insight-oriented solutions
- Strong reputation for exercising discretion and professionalism when given access to sensitive information.
- Advanced G-Suite, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Naturally detail oriented, with an obsessive need to document and communicate findings
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and black culture
Details: The is a 6-9 month rotational role, with the potential placement into a senior leadership role at the Director level or above thereafter.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.