Submittable is seeking a Senior Performance Marketing Manager to join our rapidly growing team in Missoula, Montana. The company was started in 2010 by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers. The company’s submission management platform is used by 11,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including National Geographic, Airbnb, SpaceX, Apple, Amazon, MIT, TEDx, and the Brooklyn Arts Council. Our network of submitters is currently 3.5 million globally and the software is used by over a million people every month. Inc. magazine recently named Submittable as #1667 in their list of the nation’s 5,000 fastest-growing companies. Submittable is a company of 70+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. This is a full-time position and reports to the Chief of Marketing & Strategy.
The Senior Performance Marketing Manager responsibilities include:
- Manage and grow the Sales Demand Generation Team
- Develop and execute new marketing strategies to drive growth while improving customer acquisition costs
- Drive initiatives to optimize and scale clients in new industries
- Define lead gen objectives and achieve goals for each vertical
- Conduct analytics to optimize performance and make clear and compelling data-driven recommendations to senior executives
- Oversee all SEO and SEM (including any external vendors)
- Reach 1000's of potential clients, speak to them in a direct and convincing voice, and book 1000's of demos for our sales team
- Effectively convey brand voice and tone across all marketing channels
- Oversee marketing automation and CRM tools (e.g. Marketo, Hubspot, AdWords, AdRoll, Optimizely, Salesforce)
- Research and identify new software and applications to improve efficiency and CAC
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 5+ years managing B2B performance marketing at an agency or for a brand
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of performance channels: SEM, Paid Social, and Programmatic
- Strong Excel skills and technical savvy
- Ability to forecast and manage digital spends and stay within approved budget
- Bachelor’s degree, with quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics)
- Excellent partnering skills and ability to multitask
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work for a dynamic tech startup with great potential
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing and kayaking, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from wilderness hiking. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too—our team includes professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), and former chefs. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ¼ to ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is well under 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, and optional HSA and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.