Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Four years since our launch, Newsela is in 75% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
We are looking for a motivated, innovative Recruiter to help transform us from an exciting start-up to an industry leader. You will be critical to our success. By sourcing, screening and hiring a world-class team, you will have a transformative impact on student literacy across the country and around the globe.
You will also be an integral part of building out a recruiting organization. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in implementing efficient and effective processes, developing innovative sourcing strategies, and designing our recruitment programs and branding.
- Full life-cycle recruitment for job openings across our various departments, largely focused on Technology, Product and Data, but may also include various other departments.
- Create powerful sourcing strategies to recruit top talent and work with hiring managers to set and meet hiring objectives.
- Ensure our recruiting practices are consistent, compliant, and conform with the industry’s best practices, with a strong focus on building a high-quality and diverse talent pool.
- Provide a high-quality experience for all candidates and hiring managers.
- Recruit smart, passionate and innovative candidates who believe in our mission and want to excel alongside their team.
- Adapt to changing hiring priorities and formulate plans to fill new roles quickly.
- Play a critical role in making Newsela one of the top hiring organizations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years experience in full lifecycle technical recruitment
- Proven track record of proactively sourcing cold candidates and developing innovative sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated work history of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively screen candidates for both skill set and cultural fit.
A Few Plusses Include:
- Energized by the prospect of building and being a part of a world-class team.
- Demonstrated passion for education and literacy.
- Self-starter, proactive and creative.
- Quick learner and team player.
- Excellent written, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience recruiting for multiple locations.
- Experience presenting and planning recruiting and industry events.
- Technical or creative recruitment.
- K-12 industry or recruitment experience.