Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners
You’re an inside sales professional who knows how to sell an online software-as-a-service (SaaS) product. Newsela has close to 1 million teacher and school leader users on its free content platform. Your job is to convert them to PRO, our subscription assessment platform.
As a member of the Inside Sales Executive Team, you'll be a part of an innovative group that is challenging the traditional education sales model. You'll be responsible for speaking with teachers and other education professionals in school districts across the U.S., and even overseas. What does it take to build grassroots communities with the goal of closing a sale? Join our team and you'll help craft a robust sales process aimed at building consensus, gaining trust, and forging lasting relationships.
We’re seeking an individual who wants to work in a new exciting company in one of the hottest start-up sectors. If you want to be a part of a collaborative team where you’ll help decide the future of a fast-growing company, check out the details below.
Under the guidance of the Inside Sales Manager, you will:
- Achieve daily goals by calling and following up with customers as part of various sales campaigns.
- Partner with Sales Development Representatives to qualify leads and determine the best next steps in the sales process.
- Strive for data integrity and track opportunities through Salesforce.com
- Represent the Newsela mission and communicate the value of PRO to potential customers
- Create partnership agreements and create contracts customized for new customers.
- Continually close business to exceed sales targets and drive revenue.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ year experience in inbound or outbound sales
- 1+ year experience with Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual sales goals
- Demonstrated social media expertise and understanding of the role of social media in the sales process.
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the Sales team.
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist.
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making
- Prior experience working in a primary or secondary school environment.