Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners
We're seeking a Community Operations Manager to join our team and support the Community teams with processes, systems, tools to drive higher performance. You will support all Community operations, including data analysis and all reporting.You will work closely with the other leaders in Community and across the organization, in particular Sales Operations, Account Management, Finance, Data and Product teams.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Develop reports and analyze engagement data.
- Create efficient workflows to maximize output without ever sacrificing quality.
- Track and report all activities and build a culture of constant improvement through the Community operations team, as well as the entire Community team.
- Develop a set of KPIs that are aligned to company goals and to assure the Community teams remain focused on constant improvement.
- Support other departments to help meet overall company goals.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of Operations/Analytical experience.
- Proven experience in building models and analyzing data in Microsoft Excel.
- Proven track record in building and implementing new processes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large volumes of Data – migration, cleansing and import/export.
- Project Management tracking experience with knowledge of common online PM tools.
- Proven ability to create, maintain and present regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) reports and develop ad-hoc reports to support strategic planning.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working at a fast-growing start-up, preferably in Education and/or SaaS.
- Knowledge of schools and district organization and processes.
- Understanding of the challenges of teachers and school administrators.
- Passionate about education, literacy and current events.
- Organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with technology and able to select and implement various software tools.
- Familiarity with data queries (e.g. SQL) and BI tools (e.g. Looker)