This is the opportunity to take your career to the next level & be a part of Blavity, Inc.'s Experiential Team that produces, creates, ideates, & executes huge experiences & destinations for AfroTech, Summit 21, brand partners, & internal events. This person will manage client relationships on production related issues so project management skills are central to this position. This person must demonstrate a strong understanding of event production and be organized, self-motivated and have the ability to approach problems in new ways. Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work as part of a team are critical to success.
- Budget creation & management, including adherence & oversight; updates as necessary & as approved in advance by company
- Venue management including liaison, required staffing, security, logistics, COI & all related venue coordination
- Draft & source estimates, analysis, quotes, schedules, & design deliverables
- Manage vendors & budget within scope; provide cost oversight to ensure cost management & prior due diligence; coordinate with event department to ensure timely payments & agreements
- Manage junior staff defining responsibilities & oversight
- Coordinate with internal design team department for all needed environmental & graphic elements within event
- Work closely with customer success team to deliver reporting and ongoing client communication
- Attend all necessary internal & client meetings for the duration of the project
- Assist in managing agendas, schedules & act as lead when & where appropriate
- Collaborate with revenue, creative & content executives on a per project basis to ensure priorities are aligned & goals are met on projects
What you have:
- Overall expertise in experiential production - the trends, issues & current context as well as the gusto to set new boundaries within the industry.
- Strong understanding of the design, production, technical & build processes.
- The ability to embody our brand & set the direction of the teams vision, style & methodology for Experiential endeavors.
- A proven track record & work experience that has honed your ability to go from conception to execution in all aspects of experiential production.
- Expertise in various sizes & formats of events, design practices, management of vendor relationships & ability to source new design & artistic talent.
- Significant experience leading teams, building workflow models, budgets, proposals, schedules, mentoring talent & ensuring deliverable adherence & excellence.
- Mastery of Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Adobe software & support software. Execution knowledge from ideation through construction documentation.
Bachelors Degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Theater or related field plus 10+ years in a supervising role demonstrating significant management experience.