Blavity, Inc. is looking for new leaders to join our growing media company. We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown Los Angeles, reaching over 30 million multicultural millennials per month.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager for Blavity who will work closely with our content marketing team to gain retention while growing the brand's online and social presence. The role reports to our Associate Director of Engagement and Growth. The candidate will be integral to helping maximize page views, drive engagement on social and increase newsletter subscribers through directing a team of content marketers/social media producers.
The ideal candidate is an avid news consumer and has created social campaigns, leveraged digital platforms, and can think creatively about new ways to grow online audiences through storytelling and social engagement.
This role is LA based, but open to candidates who are willing to relocate.
- Manage content marketing team with attention to detail -- this entails reviewing copy, ensuring all posts are scheduled when slated, maintaining a social/engagement calendar, planning tasks, and assigning key campaigns through the direction of Associate Dir
- Manage the performance of Blavity newsletters and oversee their growth by applying new tactics, forming new strategic partnerships and ideas to drive sign ups and open rates. Ensure the accuracy and delivery of all email campaigns.
- Work closely with design team to come up with creative campaigns that will drive engagement
- Apply and pitch best practices around conversion marketing, SEO and video engagement to drive growth
- Perform day-to-day content marketing projects; uploading and optimizing use of IG, Facebook and Twitter to enhance brand analytics for Blavity
- Partner with the editorial and creative teams to lead and implement Twitter chats, IG challenges and other social campaigns
- Scout other distribution platforms and methods (i.e. creating landing pages and social assets) to drive onsite traffic and engagement with content
- Coordinate with the customer success team to ensure all branded content is properly marketed and managed
- Pitch fresh new tactics on social media engagement. Stay current on editorial, industry trends, and news + pop culture; make recommendations on ways to continually innovate
- Generate weekly reports on best-performing posts, campaigns and practices