This primary responsibility of this role will be to establish and maintain relationships with programmatic buyers, media agencies, advertisers, trading desks & DSPs. Candidate must have a deep understanding and network within the world of digital media a be well versed in the nuances of the programmatic buying ecosystem. Director must also me able to work cross-functionally with Blavity Business Development, Business Operations, Customer Success, and Ad Operations teams as well as supervise and develop their own programmatic sales team. The Director of Programmatic Sales will report directly to the COO.
- Create long-term deep partnerships with advertisers, agencies, trading desks, & DSPs to result in sustainable recurring revenue for Blavity through programmatic and PMP-based solutions
- Partner with account leads to assist in the creation, implementation, and servicing of PMP and programmatic deals.
- Manage team of programmatic and PMP sellers and assist them in planning, preparing for, attending, and closing client meetings.
- Work cross functionally with Blavity leadership team, Business Development, Business Operations, Customer Success, and Ad Operations teams to develop long-term Blavity PMP and programmatic strategy
- Develop consistent reporting to provide accurate revenue visibility across all programmatic and PMP revenue on a weekly basis.
- 5+years of digital media experience with at least 3 years of direct sales experience in the programmatic media ecosystem (including exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, trading desks, 1st and 3rd party data, etc)
- Strong network of agency and advertiser relationships with a proven track record of closing long-term revenue deals and developing client relationships.
- Deep understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including audience targeting/retargeting, the programmatic landscape, and different media types (display, video, mobile, CTV, social, rich media & native media).
- Deep understanding of programmatic ad campaign metrics and analysis and the technology behind programmatic monetization.
- Independent, entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Comfort with ambiguity and a proven love for transforming unorganized/complex data into rigorously structured, insight-oriented solutions
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats
- Naturally detail oriented, with an obsessive need to document and communicate findings
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and black culture
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.