The Blavity Family is seeking a Business Development Associate (BDA) to be the foundation of our sales organization. As a BDA at Blavity, you will partner directly with a Business Development Manager (BDM) to generate new business, identify opportunities and pitch integrated marketing programs across desktop, mobile, video, branded content, social media, and live events.
You are ideal for this role if the following describes you:
- Motivated to further advance your Sales career within a fast growing media startup
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with exceptional follow-up skills.
- Reliable and mature, especially when placed under pressure with competing priorities.
- Experienced with using Powerpoint, Word and Excel to convey ideas and compelling stories.
- Service-oriented in your approach to taking direction and .
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead Gen Management
- Manage inbound advertising requests and qualify leads.
- Identify and contact prospective clients using outbound prospecting strategies, including cold-calling.
- Schedule meetings for qualified leads through consistent and creative outreach.
- Gather intelligence on potential clients to prepare BDMs for upcoming meetings.
Opportunity and Account Management
- Assist BDMs throughout the evaluation process to assure prospective clients receive the highest quality service.
- Collaborate with the BDM and Sales Assistant to outline and create pitch materials (e.g. presentations, media plans, etc) for new and existing clients.
- Manage small-to-midsize accounts with quarterly quotas for renewals and new business opportunities, with oversight from Sales Director and BDM.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on fulfilling proposal requests (e.g. RFP’s with Ad Ops).
- Manage data within Salesforce and Dropbox (e.g. updating accounts, storing key documents).
- Collaborate with Sales Assistants to support outside sellers, as needed.
General Sales Support
- Quality check documents for accuracy and clarity, including pitch materials and agreements, and flagging discrepancies.
- Support BDM during phone and in-person meetings through excellent note-taking and summarizing next steps.
- 1+ year of media sales experience and a proven track record of success or experience in media organizations within marketing or operations functionalities.
- Collaborative, outgoing, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility without getting easily flustered.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with demonstrated experience using excel and powerpoint to convey ideas.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment!
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and the culture of Millennials of Color
- This is an external-facing role is based in Los Angeles and may require some travel.