Software Engineer - Full-stack at LiveStories
Seattle, WA, US
LiveStories is a venture-backed company building modern tools to make civic data actionable and usable. Governments - world’s largest sector - depend on LiveStories to be more data-driven, transparent, and productive. Businesses, schools, and researchers depend on LiveStories to streamline their data operations. Our customers are located as far as Kenya or as close as Washington and California.
You can find the latest coverage about LiveStories here: https://www.livestories.com/news/
We love data and believe in its power to transform how we live, work, and play. We obsess over simplifying access to data, so that anyone can gather insights. We look for people who can demonstrate versatility and creativity in working with data. If you obsess over changing the world, and are passionate about open data, cool data visualizations, data-driven business, high velocity sales, and Sim City, we would love to talk to you.
As a developer on the LiveStories Team, you will work on building and refining core features of the LiveStories portfolio for civic data exploration, visualization and publishing. You will join a team of very passionate engineers who excel in turning apparently complex problems into an intuitive user experience, implemented in the most simple way. You will have the opportunity to work on customer-facing features, performance/scalability issues and building technical infrastructure.
- You are an experienced software developer with preferably 3+ years of experience, who thinks like an end user and knows that 90% done is only half done.
- You love beautiful, simple user interfaces, and you constantly wonder what you could have done to make your last project simpler.
- You understand why architectural patterns and API design are a must to build scalable, future-proof products.
- Ultimately, you want to be part of something big than software and make a durable change.
- You have a BS Degree in computer science with strong knowledge in CS fundamentals, algorithms & data structures.
Technologies you master:
- Node.js, Postgres, Elasticsearch are a plus since we use them
- CSS, HTML
- Visualization and mapping packages such as D3js, Mapbox or others
- Deployment tools, such as Webpack and alike.
- Cloud infrastructure, esp. AWS
Our benefits include:
- Competitive, performance based compensation in a growing, disruptive startup
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible vacation policy, including paid vacation
- 3 day weekends
- An incredible team of diverse, smart, dedicated, and supportive people