The Sales Development Team is a critical component of Feathr’s growth plan. All outbound engagement with prospective customers starts with the SDR team. They are responsible for educating prospects, assessing the fit of our solutions, and working closely with sales to generate new business opportunities.
We are looking for an individual experienced in software sales or business development who can help take this team to the next level. The basics are in place, but this growing global team needs someone who can help set the vision, best practices, and operations that make SDRs indispensable for sales success. It’s the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to build something great and help pilot a growth stage company through the finish line.
- Lead a high-performing team of 7-10 SDRs responsible for outbound sales development
- Serve as SDRs day-to-day mentor and coach: shadowing calls, refining pitches, working through prospect objections, and performing other activities that will grow new business pipelines
- Train SDRs to develop fundamental sales skills and product knowledge
- Ensure smooth hand-off of prospects from marketing to SDRs and from SDRs to Account Executives
- Encourage innovation on your team. Proactively identify and launch initiatives that drive new business growth and operational excellence
- Manage, track and report on your team’s activities, quotas, and performance using Salesforce
- Listen to live and recorded calls to provide coaching feedback. Must also have the ability to pick up the phone and coach reps on how to win appointments
- 5+ years of enterprise software SDR/sales experience including outbound and account-based selling
- 2+ years of management or related leadership experience
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- A desire to build something new, versus fitting neatly into a large company with an established static playbook
- A love for coaching. You have a keen eye for the nuances that will make SDRs better sales people and business leaders.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, Outreach, Salesloft or similar tools
- Strong leadership experience. Your peers and colleagues look to you to set the example
- An enthusiastic team player who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for operational rigor and excellence. You love finding the levers to accelerate growth. Salesforce dashboards are on your list of favorite things
- Enjoy creating a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work by maintaining a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
Our Sales Process
Fairly high-velocity inside sales. The average initial sale is a $5,500 annual license, with potential for upselling both mid-cycle and at the time of annual renewal. Average sales cycle is ~8 weeks.
Our team of SDRs, report into the Marketing function at Feathr. Their sole focus is cold prospecting and outbound emails/calls to tee up demos for the AEs.
We have a Customer Success team that performs onboarding, training, and consultative support once a sale is closed. Individual CSMs are measured against churn/retention of their customers, and work closely with AEs to assist with both upsell and renewal.
This position will be based full-time in Gainesville, FL, with the rest of the company. Remote work is not an option. If you aren’t familiar, Gainesville is a hip mid-sized city with a highly educated population and a killer quality of life.
- OTE of $70-90K+
- $50-60K Base
- Uncapped performance based pay tied to SDR team performance.