Blavity, Inc. is on the lookout for new leaders to join our growing media company. Blavity is a venture backed startup based in downtown Los Angeles reaching over 30 million multi-cultural millennials per month.
Blavity is looking for a managing editor for 21Ninety. 21Ninety is Blavity's women's lifestyle brand and covers the intersection of black health, beauty, fitness, and improving daily habits for black millennial women. 21Ninety will cover a variety of content, including recipe roundups and how-tos, nutrition and health explainers, workouts, product reviews, and personal stories.
The Managing Editor will lead, grow and manage our 21Ninety editorial voice with a special attention to SEO, . You'll assign stories, conduct interviews, provide mentorship, edit copy, advise on headlines and framing, and help manage publishing schedules.
This role is LA based and open to candidates who are willing to relocate.
Managing Editor, 21Ninety
- Establishing 21Ninety as a premiere go to for everything black women's health, beauty, fitness and wellness and the top place to discover how to live their best life.
- Managing top line growth of new users by managing content creation and marketing teams - managing the growth
- Manage a team of freelancers and content creators to create unique first-to-market content
- Analyzing the platform and data to figure out what is working and how to make it better
- Oversight of special brand projects including partner events, video series, in depth reporting
- Work cross functionally with the Exec, Sales, Marketing and Creative teams to ideate and execute projects
- At least three years experience as an editor or creative strategist
- A proven track record managing teams and embracing digital trends
- 5-6 years of professional experience
- Track record of growing followers or web traffic
- Strong interpersonal skills and growth skills