Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Tripsand 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortuneand local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Position: Event Marketing Manager
Nearpod is seeking a talented Event Marketing Manager responsible for the leadership and ownership of the full scale management of small to large scale events, including trade shows, user conferences, sales kickoffs, roadshows, incentives, and other corporate events. Event Marketing Manager should be well versed in event management, including client management, venue management, production coordination, hotel room blocks, vendor management, and contract negotiation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage event budget, invoicing, schedules of payments and cost savings report.
- Oversee overall program agenda, ensuring communication across all internal and external teams.
- Oversee and manage event project plan/timeline.
- Lead and participate in external and internal meetings, including regular status meetings, pre-program walkthroughs, onsite meetings, and post program debriefs.
- Manage all aspects of venue coordination, including meeting space allocation, meeting room set-up, diagrams, food & beverage, electrical, internet.
- Manage DMC and outside vendors, including Audio Visual, Production, Entertainment, IT/Internet, Photographer, Printer, Security, Shipping, Translation, Transportation.
- Coordinate content, graphic development and production of all program collateral (i.e. agenda, conference guide, program of events, etc.) and signage.
- Organize pre-trip mailings and attendee gift and giveaway selections.
- Develop budgets, coordinate itineraries, and lead site inspections.Define corporate event strategy
- Research industry trade shows and identify new industry event opportunities
- Conduct ROI analysis and present findings to Senior Management; pivot event strategy to align with findings
- Manage inventory, budget and logistics for all promotional products
- Manage relationships with vendors and event personnel
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years experience in event planning, event management, and the marketing space
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Meticulous project management experience
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting, and reporting
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in tech industry is a plus
- Experience in education is a plus
- Highly organized
- Strong business acumen
- Familiarity of G Suite is a plus
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.