Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Tripsand 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortuneand local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Department: Business Systems
Position: Salesforce Administrator
We are looking for an energetic CRM Administrator to join our Business Systems team. You'll be responsible for customization, maintenance, configuration and monitoring of our Salesforce Sales Cloud CRM platform and other core contact center cloud-based applications. You’ll work closely with a solution consultant, designers, developers and other system admins to bring new functionality to our fast-pace organization. You’ll also work closely with the Sales, Finance, Customer Success, Support, and the Product Specialist teams to ensure they have the system capabilities needed to do their jobs. Your work will have a direct impact on customer experience and the efficiency of our organization.
- Own the daily operational readiness of our Salesforce.com Sales Cloud org.
- Create, run, and analyze reports to make data-based recommendations.
- Maintain the integrity of applications integrated with our Sales Cloud org, including proprietary in-house systems.
- Own day-to-day monitoring and long term administration of Sales Cloud, integrations (Pardot, Groove, DocuSign, Conga, Rollup Helper)
- Assist team members’ across all departments with requests related to functionality support, how-to questions, and feature activation / tuning.
- Be a technical resource to the Analytics team, and work to ensure they have access to data they need in a timely fashion.
- Document and maintain business requirements and workflows.
- At least 5 years of Salesforce system administration experience with Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Salesforce certification required
- Proven core Salesforce System Admin skills and knowledge, including user management, workflows/rules, page and custom object configuration, Site and Community administration.
- Prior system admin experience with Pardot, Groove, DocuSign, Conga, Rollup Helper integrated with Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-focused, accountable and willing to take on the challenge of supporting great tools used by high-powered, fast-paced teams.
- Solid understanding of sales processes, pipelines, opportunities, and metrics, etc.
- Play well with others – you’ll be collaborating directly with several key stakeholders and many different teams.
- Experience in researching and documenting possible solutions to business needs and clearly explaining trade-offs and potential return on investment for different options.
- Demonstrated problem solving aptitude, including working with others to quickly reach sustainable resolutions.
- Understanding and appreciation for working in an agile / scrum environment.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience and passion for identifying ways to do things better and a sense of ownership that leads to the creation and implementation of new better methods and practices.
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.