Mic is seeking an experienced Video Editor to work across departments and on Mic Dispatch, our new show on Facebook Watch. Our team is focused on producing high impact and best-in-class short to mid-form field reported docu-style video packages. We will cover topics that align to Mic’s core Editorial priorities (social justice, gender equality, LGBTQ rights, emerging artists, etc.).
As our Video Editor, you will play an integral role in defining and elevating Mic’s visual storytelling, by working closely with our shooter/editors, producers, and correspondents to take raw footage from the field and then craft the narrative arc of our video packages. From time-to-time, you will work more autonomously - so your editorial and storytelling instincts must be best-in-class.
- Edit mid-form videos ranging from 6-12 minutes in length using Adobe Premiere
- Craft a story from raw footage in post-production
- Bring creativity to how you tell the stories
- Collaborate with the production team to tell powerful stories and meet the deadlines for the show
- Polish each assigned segment, which includes but not limited to: audio sweetening & color correction
- Be an active leader in creating the most impactful video content while taking risks and pushing ways to tell meaningful stories that inspire and engage audiences
- Always sets a high bar for standards in quality and leads by example
- 5+ years of experience for a digital or broadcast media company
- Experience editing documentary and/or mid-to-long form nonfiction content
- Strong understanding of and passion for Mic’s editorial mission
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- A self-starter who can work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Has strong storytelling, strategic and creative problem solving skills in all forms of video content
- Strong creative vision and ability to articulate your vision to other team members
- Able to foster healthy, creative environments where candid creative feedback is freely exchanged and embraced
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work as a team player
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues through diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s changemakers, who most influence and impact the world. We explore, explain and expose.