Mic is seeking an experienced Digital Platforms Producer to help develop and scale our visual journalism on Snapchat Discover. As multimedia producer, you are an outstanding storyteller and journalist who can craft clear, informative mixed-media narratives that combine audio, video, animation, illustration and written narrative. You are obsessed with consuming news on your phone, and know the ins-and-outs of mobile visual platforms like Snapchat and Instagram.
You’re passionate about storytelling and the power of original reporting, and in this role you will work closely with video editors, motion graphics artists, reporters and story producers to optimize Mic’s journalism for various platforms. You have a strong and unique editorial vision, are highly collaborative, work well under tight deadlines and the pressures of the daily news cycle and are passionate about Mic’s mission.
- Adapt, package, optimize Mic’s journalism for a range of visual platforms
- Collaborate with video journalists and reporters to tell mobile-first visual stories
- Work closely with small team to launch mobile-first visual series and franchises for Mic
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism with a strong track record of visual storytelling
- Strong writing, research and reporting skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience producing stories for Snapchat and Instagram
- Ability to quickly prototype or explain ideas to a wide set of collaborators
- Passionate about news, culture, and current events
- Ability to hit hard deadlines as well as adapt quickly
- Process-oriented, extremely organized
- Highly communicative and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize assignments
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues through diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s changemakers, who most influence and impact the world. We explore, explain and expose.