Join a fast-growing London UK startup
What happens when an Emmy-winning war correspondent goes looking for a new challenge? He partners with a team of brilliant web media developers to transform the way content is extracted from recorded audio and video.
The New York Times says Trint is “by far the best automated transcription service.”
Trint™ is the startup that blows manual transcription out of the water. Its browser-based platform converts any audio or video file to text in just minutes. Then Trint’s interactive editor marries audio to the text, making it easy to search and polish transcripts to perfection. Hours of tedious labour are reduced to just minutes. Users can add captions in one click and effortlessly make the content of their recordings searchable and shareable. And we have a lot more tricks up our sleeves!
After 21 months of intensive development Trint launched commercially in September 2016. Our browser-based software has taken the media market by storm: early adopters include ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, the Associated Press, Thomson Reuters and CNBC to name a few. Growth has been double digit and far ahead of projection. With a £2.4M funding round completed in May 2017, led by Hong Kong-based Horizons Labs and with backing from Google’s Digital News Initiative some serious innovation is underway. At the Global Editors Network Summit in Vienna in June 2016 Trint won first prize in the Startups for News competition.
Who are we?
We’re proactive, supportive and positive. We are excited by challenge. We believe in innovation. We don’t believe in blame. We are growing fast: a year ago we were 10, now we are 35…and still hiring.
Who you are
Our latest front-end developer helping build cutting-edge innovations for our world-leading automated transcription platform
What you are
- Endlessly curious about new technologies
- Passionate about finding new and better ways to build solutions
- Highly collaborative and keen to learn from (and teach!) your colleagues
- Keen to contribute to the definition of the product (all ideas welcome!)
- Exacting but pragmatic in your approach to solving user problems
You’ll work on
- Translating the beautiful work of our awesome design and UX colleagues into code
- Adding ground-breaking features to our browser-based editor
- Integrating additional payment and authentication methods
- Delivering brand-new user experiences on top of our interactive transcripts
- Stuff we can’t talk about yet!
- Bringing engineering excellence to Trint
You will work with
- React, Redux, Flow and GraphQL (Apollo)
- Web media technologies
- Our monorepo managed and built with lerna and webpack
- Agile development practices (Scrum, TDD, pair programming, CI/CD)
- GitHub and Slack for collaboration and communication
- Incredible colleagues!
Contact: Diana Muizniece, Recruitment Coordinator.