Sell a Product that is Turning Heads
Join a fast-growing London UK startup
as it builds its Toronto team
What happens when an Emmy-winning war correspondent goes looking for a new challenge? He partners with a team of brilliant web media developers to transform the way content is extracted from recorded audio and video.
The New York Times says Trint is “by far the best automated transcription service.”
Trint™ is the startup that blows manual transcription out of the water. Its browser-based platform converts any audio or video file to text in just minutes. Then Trint’s interactive editor marries audio to the text, making it easy to search and polish transcripts to perfection. Hours of tedious labour are reduced to just minutes. Users can add captions in one click and effortlessly make the content of their recordings searchable and shareable. And we have a lot more tricks up our sleeves!
After 21 months of intensive development Trint launched commercially in September 2016. Our browser-based software has taken the media market by storm: early adopters include ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, the Associated Press, Thomson Reuters and CNBC to name a few. Growth has been double digit and far ahead of projection. With a £2.4M funding round completed in May 2017, led by Hong Kong-based Horizons Labs and with backing from Google’s Digital News Initiative some serious innovation is underway. At the Global Editors Network Summit in Vienna in June 2016 Trint won first prize in the Startups for News competition.
Who are we?
We’re proactive, supportive and positive. We are excited by challenge. We believe in innovation. We don’t believe in blame. We are growing fast: a year ago we were 10, now we are 35…and still hiring.
Who are you?
Experience in sales, innovation, product, startups and tech? Help us supercharge Trint at supersonic speed. The Senior Sales Manager for North America will have a dual role of Enterprise sales in their assigned region/vertical and management of the sales process through their Toronto based team. This will include driving sales, helping to execute deals and setting regional targets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generate prospects and manage a sales pipeline sufficient to achieve quarterly quota targets
- Build pipeline of Enterprise clients across target markets through business development and networking opportunities
- Manage the sales process across the region, ensuring workflows and reporting structures set in place by the London team are followed
- Work with Commercial Director and London team to strategize, forecast and exceed annual sales targets
- Work with management to set and achieve the sales strategy for the region, including new market entry and growth initiatives
- Identify new business opportunities and develop long-term, high value partnerships
- In conjunction with the customer success and support teams, ensure that key accounts are handled in an appropriate and effective way
- Able to prioritize workload for self and direct reports to ensure that the territory is supported in the most appropriate way
- Provide and present market context information when required
- Regular travel and attendance of international markets
Your required skills are:
- Minimum of 4-5+ years of successful SaaS Enterprise direct selling
- Management and leadership experience
- Comprehensive media industry experience. Understands the business and content creation workflow of our customers
- Strong knowledge of technology and facility adopting and teaching new technical workflows
- Strong presentation skills, both oral and written
- Available and willing to travel 30%+ of the time
- The mindset to strive and succeed in a dynamic start-up environment
Helpful skills that will make you shine even brighter:
- Knowledge of some of SaaS Enterprise sales into some of the following verticals: Higher Education, Marketing, Conferences, Media Monitoring, Government, Legal, Police, Justice, Corporate Communication, Health Care
- Excellent language skills – ideally fluent in several languages; native English ability is a must
Trint offers a casual but motivated environment. You should have a solid work ethic and be flexible in approach; be comfortable presenting to colleagues and clients alike; be able to work independently, within the Trint team, take initiative and be proactive where necessary. You will work closely with the leadership team in London and help us define a positive supportive culting are your work with us to build the team in our new offices in downtown Toronto.
Salary negotiable + Incentive plan