We’re seeking a part-time video editor to join WhereBy.Us, a community-driven digital media startup that’s about helping Miamians, Seattleites (and soon more curious locals!) live like they live here.
Our ideal candidate has shot and edited non-fiction, character-driven video stories and created beautiful, informative and creative motion graphics. We also want this person to understand how to use social media and other distribution platforms to reach our intended audience of curious locals and help us grow our local brands’ communities.
WhereBy.Us, is a media and technology company that helps the world’s curious locals understand, explore, enjoy and build/invest in/create their cities. Our purpose is to help people live like they live here— and build a model for doing so that can serve growing cities around the world. We’re a team that cares about the future of cities and the people who live in them. We want our communities to be stronger, better connected, and more awesome.
THE VIDEO EDITOR WILL:
- Work with our Creative Team to generate, edit, publish and share high-growth content that builds meaningful connections, encourages community members to take action and ultimately leads to newsletter subscriber growth
- Work directly with the Director of Video & Chief Creative Officer to edit internal and co-produced client videos using our creative assets.
- Experiment with new video-based techniques and technology
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- 4+ years of professional experience in creating short-form nonfiction videos
- Experience with script writing, producing, editing, and publishing
- Expert in Adobe Premiere and familiarity with After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience creating video content in different formats for different platforms
- Intimate knowledge of social media and an ability to recognize and create things people will be excited to share
- Background in nonfiction storytelling, journalism, writing, or blogging
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines, quick turnarounds, and working in a fast-paced environment
- Shooting experience is a plus
NICE TO HAVES
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO:
- Love to learn and learn on the job
- Are proactive and like solving problems
- Are relentlessly curious about the world around them
- Approach other people and challenging situations with empathy
- Love helping people discover, engage and feel more connected to where they live
We’re more interested in working with great people than in lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. We still want to hear from you. We’d prefer candidates that are able to work full time in Miami or Seattle but we’d still love to hear from you if you currently live elsewhere.
Bonus points if you can get our attention in a creative way. Please no singing telegrams (they’re creepy) or live animals (we have enough already).
This is a part time-hourly position with an estimated number of hours around 20 per week with potential to turn into a full time position.