We’re seeking a full-time storytelling editor to join WhereBy.Us, a media startup that helps the world’s curious locals make the most of their cities.
You’ll be primarily working with two of our newest local brands – Bridgeliner in Portland and Pulptown in Orlando – and will occasionally do some work with our two other brands – The New Tropic in Miami and The Evergrey in Seattle.
You’ll be helping us grow the number of WhereBy.Us local brand newsletter subscribers and newsletter opens by editing and occasionally writing a smart, clever and highly shareable daily e-mail newsletter, and helping grow our local brands’ social media audiences by advising on best practices and stepping in to help with daily posting.
WhereBy.Us builds local media brands for growing cities, and a technology platform to make it possible, with a focus on delightful email newsletters and meaningful communities of local explorers, makers, and leaders. Our purpose is to help people live like they live here – we want our communities to be stronger, better connected, and more awesome.
The WhereBy.Us Storytelling Editor will:
- Edit and occasionally write our local brands’ daily e-mail newsletters and original storytelling to ensure accuracy and clean copy
- Produce and measure the impact of social and trend-driven storytelling for each local brand, particularly for Pulptown and Bridgeliner.
- Help publish and advise on daily social media postings for local brands
- Ultimately help grow our newsletter subscribers, opens and social media presence for our local brands, particularly for Pulptown and Bridgeliner
We’re more interested in working with great people than in lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. We still want to hear from you. We’d love for you to be based in one of our four cities – Portland, Seattle, Orlando or Miami– but remote work outside of these cities will be considered.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, JUNE 15.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a daily media environment
- Experience with digital media tools and production
- Experience with daily e-mail newsletters
- Experience with journalism and essential reporting and editing skills
- A strong voice
- An interest in digital media experimentation and alternative forms of storytelling
- An active presence on social media platforms
- Enthusiasm for interacting with and learning from communities
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to carry projects through from conception to publication
NICE TO HAVES
We love people who:
- Love to learn and learn on the job
- Are proactive and like solving problems
- Are relentlessly curious about the world around them
- Approach other people and challenging situations with empathy
- Love building community as much as we do