Los Angeles, CA or NYC, NY
What we need you to do:
We’re looking for somebody who will be a superstar at understanding and programming video content to the Upworthy and GOOD newsfeeds, the Upworthy Presents Watch tab, the Upworthy YouTube channel, and other social channels as needed. You will learn about our audience, so you can program the videos they will love and will perform best. You have a meticulous attention to detail, a proven track record of crafting appropriate share text and comments, and ability to monitor and engage with our community to help grow and diversify our audience.
Who we are looking for:
Creating and iterating on organized workflows make you happy. You are creative with words. You have a pulse on all things social. You are a team player who can work on your own with minimal direction and work well with others. You are flexible.
- Social video that cuts above the noise and nastiness and sparks meaningful conversations that you can’t help but to engage in
- Going down a rabbit hole of social video not only binging on the content but also reading every comment thread to know what others are also saying about it
Then come do that with us at Good Media Group, home to Upworthy and GOOD! We’re looking for a savvy social video specialist who will program our Facebook newsfeed and Watch tab (and other social media as directed) and engage with our audience in an authentic meaningful way. You’ll also maintain our current cross-posting relationships and explore new opportunities to share and receive meaningful content with great publishing partners Experience with YouTube channels, video on Instagram, Twitter and/or other social platforms is preferred.
- Create and maintain video programming schedule.
- Create engaging share text and post videos to our Facebook newsfeed and Watch tab.
- Engage with our audience in comments:
- Identify threads and comments most appropriate to engage in.
- Appropriately and comfortably respond to comments around sensitive, nuanced subject matter.
- Be able to respond to comments in a manner reflective of Upworthy’s mission and values.
- Must be plugged into industry communities to identify trends and techniques to maximize Facebook engagementand build community:
- Must have a close eye for quality to make sure things are posted completely, accurately, and on time to include share text, partner tags, and .srt files.
- Maintain cross-posting relationships with key partners:
- Share with partners original Upworthy content most appropriate for their platforms for cross-posting.
- Identify content from partner feeds most appropriate for our feed.
- Identify and develop new cross-posting relationships.
- Program our YouTube channel adhering to best practices.
- Program other social channels as needed.
- Identify learnings and new trends and opportunities.
- Apply learnings and insights into video selection and schedule.
- Using audience learnings and platform trends, make recommendations for new formats and topics to curate or to produce in house.
- Must love our audience and have eagerness to engage with them on a variety of meaningful topics.
- Must be comfortable responding to strong opinions on socially sensitive topics in tactful yet authentic way
- Must personally align and reflect Upworthy and GOOD values on public social media accounts as you’ll likely be personally identified as an Upworthy and GOOD Facebook page manager when responding to comments.
- At least 2-4 years experience programming for a brand, business, or publisher with a significant audience.
- Experience representing a brand, business, or publisher on social media.
- Experience engaging in and growing a Facebook community for a brand, business, or publisher.
- Experience with Facebook Insights.
- Experience with YouTube Analytics.
- Knowledge of Facebook video best practices.
- Knowledge of YouTube best practices.
- Experience with content focused on social justice and systemic issues preferred.
- Some experience with video in Facebook Stories and Instagram Stories preferred.
- Some experience with video in Instagram feed preferred.
- Some experience with Facebook Watch tab is preferred.
- Experience with video on any other social media platforms is not required but preferred.
- Simple video editing skills is not required but preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is a must!
Question to Answer Below:
Find a link to one video posted by Upworthy from the last 3 months and tell us...
- (a) what would your share text be; and
- (b) identify one of the top comments and give us your suggested response.
Full benefits package: competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time-off and holidays