Background. Authorea is building the world’s best collaborative document editor for research.
Why Authorea. We are a close group of researchers, engineers, and product people fixing some enormous fundamental problems in research. Our goal is to advance substantially the pace of scientific innovation by delivering a superior research editor built for the web.
Responsibilities. Authorea is looking for a technical internet marketer, an engineer who can design, test, and implement customer acquisition and retention strategies. The role requires substantial technical expertise to implement innovative search marketing, search engine optimization, notification, and web analytics frameworks. This person would implement Authorea’s acquisition and retention programs. This position therefore requires familiarity with business and marketing objectives as well as experience building scalable acquisition and retention systems.
Requirements. It goes without saying that all of us at Authorea have a passion for Open Science, startups, and for building amazing stuff. What we're doing is really important to us and we hope you will share this passion.
- High-level of comfort with data, reporting and trafficking
- Extensive knowledge of SEO and techniques
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, e.g., Python for web scraping
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager / Power Editor, AdWords, SQL, Google Tag Manager.
- Passionate about numbers with strong analytic skills; you’re at home among dashboards, weekly reports, and data visualizations.
- College degree required, advanced degree a plus. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational and professional experiences.