Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Department: Human Resource
Position: Human Resource Manager
Nearpod is seeking an HR Manager who will lead the HR function and support our goal to make Nearpod a great place to work. The HR Manager will be responsible for evaluating employee programs, recommending improvements to employee policies and ensure compliance with HR regulations. The successful candidate will be charged with attracting top talent to fill open positions and support the company’s strategic goals around employee retention and promoting a positive work environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resource programs. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resource services, employee recognition, and benefits administration.
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Act as a key business partner to improve the recruiting process.
- Provides leadership for Human Resource strategic planning.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university required and minimum of 5 years of human resource experience. Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience working closely with a sales organization is a plus
- Experience in tech industry is a plus
- Experience in education is a plus
- A customer centric mindset
- Experience managing HR Staff/team is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws is mandatory
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.