Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Remotely based in the U.S.
Position: EFL Content Writer (Contract)
As a Content Writer, your primary focus will be to create engaging digital content for a specific grade range and subject area within our K-12 audience. You will write content that leverages research-based instructional practices to maximize Nearpod’s interactive features and engages students as teachers facilitate instruction.
For this project, you will create mini-lesson plans, focused on Spanish oral language development for a K-5 dual language program audience. Lessons will focus on real-world connections, applications, and use of the Spanish language.
In order for your application to be complete, we ask that you please submit two (2) lesson plans OR two (2) lessons either as a Powerpoint Presentation or Nearpod lesson. Your lesson should be tailored to ONE specific grade level (K-5) of your choosing and should include opportunities for modeling. For the purpose of this sample, your mini-lesson should be 8-10 slides total.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and create lesson plans for engaging ready-to-teach lessons for a K-12 supplemental content offering
- Collaborate with Learning Experience Designers to define and execute digital content production projects
- Provide suggestions and formal proposals to improve digital content design
- Correlate lessons to selected state and national standards
- Deliver projects on-time and within budget and scope
- Review final lessons after production
Required Skills and Experience:
- Available to work 15-20 hours/week minimum
- Teaching certification or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Fluency in Spanish required
- 3-5 years of Dual Language classroom experience required
- Strong familiarity with academic standards required
- Ensuring educational deliverables meet learning objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in pedagogy and instructional design
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Incredible precision, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and curriculum trends
- Ability to work independently and be responsible for meeting goals
- Energetic, with a strong work ethic, and excellent track record of success
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.