Mic is looking for a highly creative Video Editor to join our Brand Newsroom team — a co-branded full creative suite operating in real-time — with some of the world's largest companies. Content will range from technology to diversity and inclusion to female empowerment, and will live on Mic's own distributed properties as well as our partner’s social platform accounts. The right candidate will have a keen understanding of what makes social video compelling and be an avid consumer of these subject matters.
- Collect and organize video assets shot by the team, as well as footage provided by client and sourced/bought footage from content platforms
- Edit and package content for 3-4 social videos a week
- Adjust lighting, color, and sound levels to create impactful video moments
- Utilize text on screen, and light motion graphics/animation
- Work closely with producers to create engaging visual storylines, keeping in mind the mission of the client
- 3+ years post-production experience
- Ability to turn projects around on tight deadlines with upbeat urgency
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expert level experience with Premiere
- Medium level experience with After Effects
- Basic Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- Passion for current events and an understanding of post-production best practices
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.