Mic's Insights Analyst will be responsible for analyzing visual journalism performance across all of our distribution platforms and work in close proximity to the video and branded content teams.
This person will help our insights team provide data-driven recommendations to inform our content strategies, as well as ideate and execute on experiments. They will also manage paid promotion and targeting strategies for user acquisition and video campaigns for editorial/brands.
- Provide clear reporting on all insights and communicate to key stakeholders
- Create a continuous feedback loop across teams - from video production and written editorial to sales and audience development
- Run A/B testing to better optimize our formats and storytelling frameworks
- Form actionable strategies to grow new audiences rapidly across our primary distribution channels, as well as the channels of our clients
- Work hands on with video producers and editors, leveraging performance data to deliver useful feedback on story choice, narratives, formats, etc.
- 2+ years working in an analytical or strategy oriented role, ideally within media, finance, or management consulting
- Fascination with visual journalism and storytelling on distributed platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram)
- Understanding of how to work with large amounts of data to support or refute a hypothesis
- Ability to develop and running experiments, and would like to run tests with every piece of content Mic publishes
- Proficient in Excel and have a desire to learn about other business intelligence tools
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for news and media
Other Desirable Skills:
- Proficiency in relational databases like SQL
- Experience using social media insights platforms such as Tubular, Facebook Insights / Ads Manager, etc.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, etc.
- Experience with sales measurement platforms ie Nielsen
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.