Mic is seeking a Design Intern to support our Senior Designer, as well as our marketing and sales teams. This role will help ideate, concept, and create visuals for all revenue-based projects both in the pre- and post-sale phases. As a design intern, you’ll be embedded in our marketing and sales team, focused on creating clean, fresh and modern visual imagery that crafts stories that are relevant with our changemaker audience. Projects will range from designing mockups of mic.com branded content to creating interactive visual stories on our partner social platforms. This role is perfect for a new graduate looking to build technical and professional skills that will benefit them in the job market.
This role reports into the Senior Designer, Creative Services and is based in our New York City office.
- Assist the sales and marketing teams by creating visuals for presentations to top-tier audiences such as investors, brand partners and sponsors
- Assist with the creation of sales collateral such as one-sheets and deck presentations
- Assist branded content and product teams with the creation of hero units and standard ad placements
- Create customizable decks for marketing and sales to edit and use for turnkey opportunities
- Assist the Senior Designer with ad hoc projects as needed
- ~1 year of experience in graphic design, marketing design, and/or visual design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, experience in Premier and After Effects is an added bonus
- Experience with Sketch is an added bonus
- High creative standards
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under quick deadlines as well as adapt quickly
- Baseline understanding of design methodologies, user-experience/interface design, information design, and corporate identity/branding
- Knowledge and understanding of current design trends as well as traditional design philosophies
- Passionate about news, culture, and current events
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.