Mic is looking for a highly creative Associate Producer to join our Brand Newsroom team — a co-branded full creative suite operating in real-time — with some of the world's largest companies. Content will center on female empowerment, diversity, inclusion, and self-esteem, and will live on Mic's own distributed properties as well as our partner’s social platform accounts. The right candidate will have a keen understanding of what makes social video compelling, journalistic instincts on how to build out a story, and be an avid consumer of these subject matters.
- Source stories for engaging social videos
- Write engaging, socially-optimized scripts
- Work with Producers and Editors to ensure script and story are visualized with editorial and client priorities in mind
- Work with Producer to draft interview questions and conduct pre-interviews as needed
- Handle other aspects of pre-production such as research, travel, equipment and other logistics
- 2+ years experience in social video production
- Very strong script writing and copy editing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Detail oriented, organized
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with upbeat urgency
- Understanding of what goes into creating an engaging social video
- Experience producing with client goals in mind and/or liaising with clients is a plus
- Passionate about Mic's mission and unique beats
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.