Sr. Data Pipeline Engineer at LiveStories
Seattle, WA, US
What we want to build doesn't exist in the world. Like all great inventions, we are seeking visionaries who can strike the delicate balance between technical innovation and shipping products on time. As a Sr. Data Pipeline engineer at LiveStories, you will build and scale our data ingestion, processing and pipelines. You will be responsible for building a pipeline that aggregates hundreds of billions of data points and performs well web-based data apps doing deep analysis. You will work closely with both the data ingestion, data science and UI teams and will make sure all requirements are adequately met. You will mentor other engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team.
- You have 5+ years of experience building, scaling and maintaining software and data infrastructure at a large scale SAAS company.
- You take pride in building simple, effective solutions that improve engineering productivity.
- You have hands-on experience implementing backend services and data pipelines.
- You are intimately familiar with the AWS infrastructure, yet know that the most maintainable systems are those based on a simple architecture.
- Ultimately, you want to be part of something big than software and make a durable change.
Technologies you master:
- You have experience processing large amounts of data from multiple sources and formats (we have developed our own DSL to handle that and drive our pipeline).
- You write code for scalability and efficiency, and ultimately realize that simplicity is the most important thing to accomplish.
- You are familiar with cloud providers (AWS in particular)
Our benefits include:
- Competitive, performance based compensation in a growing, disruptive startup
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible vacation policy, including paid vacation
- 3 day weekends
- An incredible team of diverse, smart, dedicated, and supportive people