Sr. Data Engineer at LiveStories
Seattle, WA, US
What we want to build doesn't exist in the world. Like all great inventions, we are seeking visionaries who can strike the delicate balance between technical innovation and shipping products on time. As a Sr. Data engineer at LiveStories, you will build and scale our data ingestion, processing and pipelines. You will be responsible for building a pipeline that aggregates hundreds of billions of data points and performs well web-based data apps doing deep analysis. You will work closely with both the data ingestion and the data science teams and will make sure all requirements are adequately met. You will mentor other engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team.
- You have 5+ years of experience building, scaling and maintaining software and data infrastructure at a large scale SAAS company.
- You take pride in building simple, effective solutions that improve engineering productivity.
- You have hands-on experience implementing backend services and data pipelines.
- You are intimately familiar with the AWS infrastructure, yet know that the most maintainable systems are those based on a simple architecture.
- Ultimately, you want to be part of something big than software and make a durable change.
Technologies you master:
- You are an expert in Python when it comes to data packages (incl. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn)
- You write code for scalability and efficiency.
- You have setup and maintained Spark and/or Hadoop environments.
- Databases such as Postgres, Mongo, Redshift, but also Elasticsearch.
- Cloud hosting with AWS.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive, performance based compensation in a growing, disruptive startup
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible vacation policy, including paid vacation
- 3 day weekends
- An incredible team of diverse, smart, dedicated, and supportive people