Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than four years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
As the Sales Enablement Associate, you will report into the Sales Strategy and Enablement Manager and will handle the day-to-day operations in educating and providing the Sales team with the messaging, product training, and materials needed to effectively nurture prospects and close deals.
This is an opportunity for a someone who wants to apply their abilities to help shape the future and drive revenue of a rapidly growing education technology startup. The ideal candidate should be resourceful, scrappy, willing to roll up your sleeves and help your teammates out in a pinch, have excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop new sales collateral, compelling pitch decks that are up to date with new product launches and positioning.
- Build and manage sales and marketing content and resource repository, ensuring that all information is readily accessible for sales team at point of need.
- Support the writing segmented value propositions and talk tracks, competitive analysis, and customer stories to improve sales conversations and drive conversion.
- Coordinate trainings and create content to educate the Sales team on product & industry knowledge and sales process.
- Field ad-hoc requests from the Sales teams, this may include: quick turnaround competitor quick hits, account-specific collateral for in-person meetings, and boilerplate responses to customer inquiries.
- Execute on strategy and submission of district-level RFPs (requests for proposals)
- Partner with Field Sales team to develop regional and local event strategy and provide event support as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years experience in sales enablement or marketing role.
- Experience with Powerpoint
- Experience in education, or education technology
- RFP Experience, particularly with regards to education
- Strong writing skills
- Basic skills in graphic design, Indesign and Photoshop
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.