Customer Success Manager at One Concern
We are a mission-driven startup based in Palo Alto. We specialize in Artificial Intelligence for managing emergencies and building resilience in our communities. With our team of global practitioners, disaster scientists and engineers, we have built a revolutionary company that directly helps to save lives and minimize damage during disasters.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for driven, talented, and passionate people to join our team. Our challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable to enter uncharted territory and excited to make an impact globally.
We are One Concern, where our one concern is to save lives. As seen in recent natural disasters, the scale and scope of losses with these disasters is ever increasing. We are focused on the mission of building resilience in our communities by harnessing the combined power of human & artificial intelligence (AI). We are a passionate team of global practitioners, disaster scientists and engineers determined to make an impact in this world. We are an exciting, high-growth company backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors. We're hiring the best and the brightest. Will you join us in our mission?
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage some of our key client relationships driving adoption, outcomes, and advocacy across your portfolio of customers
- Proactively work directly with various levels of customer’s team ranging from Directors to C-level executives
- Partner with customers to establish clear business goals, timelines, priorities and metrics of success
- Ensure a successful on boarding and roll out among new customers
- Develop a targeted training and adoption plan, based on opportunities to increase user adoption and engagement
- Refer to existing Hazard Mitigation Plans to analyze stakeholder participation, hazard risk assessment, planning capabilities, mitigation goals and priorities to support communities in developing and implementing actionable mitigation actions.
- Proactively identify customer health risks, and effectively leverage internal teams to mitigate non-renewal (churn) risk
- Develop and conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to assess progress against goals, assess opportunities for improvementCalibrate and measure disaster resilience for our customers
- Act as a liaison between internal teams to ensure high-priority customer needs are being met; coordinating with engagement, marketing, product, and engineering teams to escalate high-impact customer needs
- BA/BS (Masters or PhD preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in working with natural hazard risks such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes to increase community and corporate resilience
- 8+ years of experience in client-facing role
- Knowledge of the preparation of and/or review of FEMA Hazard Mitigation plans
- Strong leadership skills
- Impressive executive presence and communication abilities
- Bias for action and passion for technology
- Possess strong analytical/logical thinking skills and clarity of thought to identify and solve business problems
- Track record of success and overachievement of job defined objectives
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop teammates
- Ability to travel as needed
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience or relationships with government serving organizations
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM), and/or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), 406 Hazard Mitigation
- Prior FEMA Public Assistance disaster response and recovery experience
Perks & Benefits
- Market-competitive salary plus equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches, and a fully-stocked kitchen
- Generous PTO policy
- Team off-sites
- Flexible working hours