Feathr is a digital marketing tech startup focused on helping event organizers grow their events. We offer an entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have the drive to learn, innovate, and succeed.
The VP of Finance will report to the CEO and focus on accounting oversight, financial analysis and forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and financial consulting. This role is responsible for all financial planning and analysis support for Feathr, serving as the principal finance business partner to our leadership team.
Starting salary for this role is $90-$100k. This is not a remote position, but we are willing to relocate the right candidate.
- Ownership and responsibility for all accounting data, controllership functions, and supervision of small accounting team
- Preparation of financial statements for Feathr on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with GAAP
- Supervising AP and processing/managing corporate payroll
- Supervise and assist in general ledger and accounting operations.
- Perform period closings
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate close, reporting timelines, and automate manual procedures and computations.
- Support corporate finance activities, including the creation of Board materials and venture capital fundraising
- Support Executive Leadership Team in performing budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc financial/operational analysis related to cost management, working capital management, capital investment, headcount control, and operational performance.
- Managing banking, external accounting, and insurance relationships
- Develop and maintain overall financial planning calendar and process for the current year budget, forecast updates and long range financial plan
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards, local, state, & federal regulatory requirements (department of commerce, business property tax, government census surveys, etc.)
- Other miscellaneous administrative duties, such as contract and stock option plan reviews, insurance assessment, Board reporting, auditing, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational leadership experience
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and drive that adaptation through the organization
- 5+ years in senior accounting role
- Experience working with startups or SMBs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Master’s degree a bonus!
- CPA/CMA a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Intacct a plus
- Experience working in a technology and analytically driven organization
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full-time position in Gainesville, FL that includes fully covered health/dental/vision insurance, stock options, and other benefits like an educational budget, office food, and fun team events. While we are flexible about working from home or coffee shops during the week, we cannot support permanently remote employees at this time and are only interested in candidate currently living in or willing to relocate to Gainesville, FL. It's a super cool little city with a killer quality of life.