Blavity is on the lookout for new members to join our team.
We are a venture-funded technology and new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy, focused rock-stars who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction and we are looking for new people to help us continue to grow. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Millennials of Color to tell their own stories.
Today, we average 1.5 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 7-10 Million monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world.
Blavity is looking for a managing editor for our newest platform, Shadow and Act. In this role the Manging Editor will work to make Shadow and Act the first place our target audience goes to discover Black Hollywood news and new talent.
This role is LA based and open to candidates who are willing to relocate.
Managing Editor, Shadow and Act
- Establishing Shadow and Act as a premiere destination for Black Hollywood news and the top place to discover the next generation of talent
- Managing top line growth of new users by managing content creation and marketing teams - managing the growth
- Manage a team of freelancers and content creators to create unique first-to-market content
- Analyzing the platform, figuring out what is working and how to make it better
- Oversight of special brand projects including events, programming and monetization
- Work cross functionally with the Exec, Sales, Marketing and Creative teams to ideate and execute projects
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- 5-6 years of professional experience
- Digital & editorial leadership background with a track record of growing traffic and strategic partnerships
- Marketing background with a love of film
- Strong interpersonal skills and growth skills