The Software Engineer Engineer will work in a highly collaborative environment to develop web and mobile prototypes, microsites and products across Blavity’s digital media platforms. You’ll work with other teams across the company to take features from idea to mockup to prototype to responsive pages to reusable component libraries.
- Strong experience using ReactJS and React Native.
- In-depth experience with Git, package managers (Npm) and build tools/task runners (Gulp, Grunt or Webpack).
- Experience with SCSS.
- Experience with WordPress and static site generators/flat file CMSes (Jekyll, Grav) and templating engines (Mustache, Handlebars, Liquid, Twig or Jade).
- A love for semantic HTML (experience with HTML5 APIs +2), responsive design and an understanding of usability and accessibility issues across all device types.
- Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, XD or other wireframing tools.
- General knowledge of unit testing or test driven development.
- Experience using Docker.
- Familiarity with Atomic Design.
- Work with the Creative Team to help design prototypes in both low and high fidelity and take successful prototypes to a more structured development process.
- Write clean, performant code in accordance with our team's code style guidelines.
- Work to improve and maintain the code health of all of our software.
- Participate in peer code reviews.