We are a venture-funded technology and new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy, focused rock-stars who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction and we are looking for new people to help us continue to grow. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Black millennials to tell their own stories.
Today, we average over 3 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 33 Million +monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all of the major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world.
Blavity is seeking top performing, multidisciplinary designers that can strengthen the stories we tell on our digital platforms. As an CD at Blavity, you will work closely to lead designers, writers, developers, sales members, engineers and producers to conceptualize and design brand strategy across all platforms, including web, social, print & email design, photography and video.
Blavity has a fierce entrepreneurial culture where you can lead your own branding explorations and creative content ideas. Ideal candidates will have a passion for the topics covered by Blavity and experience designing digital systems. This role is based in Los Angeles and will require some travel.
- Refine and conceptualize the existing brand storytelling across all brands and digital content channels
- Create compelling content and custom marketing experiences with a range of powerful, viable concepts and designs for each project
- Partner with copywriters to ensure the copy direction and visual presentation work together harmoniously
- Guard and defend each brand’s look & feel across all touch-points, including web, photo, video, marketing campaigns, print and events
- Communicate in detail visual designs, motion design, concepts, and storyboards through presentations
- Lead teams of designers and production artists to flawlessly execute cross-channel and digital work
- Manage multiple projects while inspiring & motivating both your creative teammates and our clients
- 3+ years of strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media, both on- and offline
- Mastery of web production and the capabilities within digital channels
- Project management skills and organization are key!
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong foundation in grid and typographic systems
- Video and photoshoot mood storyboarding
- Must be open to travel as needed
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and the culture of Millennials of Color
- Illustration design
- Photography or videography skills
- Copy Experience
- Fine or Graphic Arts degree
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE BASED OUT OF LA OR THE BAY (or are willing to relocate).