Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
In this role you'll help coordinate the production of Gimlet's new and existing programming, working closing with our VP of Programming and VP of New Show Development to manage production logistics, scheduling, and internal communications between the editorial and business sides of Gimlet. You will help ensure the editorial trains run on time and that our show teams have all the resources they need to take each episode to publish. This is a new position at Gimlet and! The editorial operations manager will play a mission-critical role on our editorial team, helping us build the processes around ambitious new shows.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be a trusted partner to senior producers and editors across multiple show teams and on the new show development team. You will help them optimize their workflow, solve problems, and put processes in play to ensure they’re leading their teams to meet Gimlet’s high editorial standards.
- Help identify and maintain systems for tracking upcoming content on existing shows and for the launches of new programming.
- Coordinate the communications between editorial teams, the marketing department, and sales to ensure that marketing and sales have all the information and assets they need to promote and sell new and ongoing programming.
- Work with our finance department to identify and assemble relevant editorial data that can be used to help assess the success of editorial projects.
- Help identify opportunities for editorial collaboration or resource sharing and manage these efforts to ensure that communication is thoughtful, timely and clear.
- Help identify opportunities for and ensure smooth transitions for staffers working across or moving between editorial teams.
- Work closely with the VP of Programming and VP of New Show Development to build and keep track of budgets.
- Provide operations support for projects in their pilot or early development stage. This includes building process around shows that have never existed. For example, building new timelines from scratch, helping to staff projects and coordinating communication across teams.
What You Have
- 4-6 years of experience working in editorial production and operations at a digital-first media or entertainment company. We’re also open to people with a successful background in client, timeline and team management.
- An uncanny ability to sniff out problems early and come up with creative, workable solutions
- Incredible attention to detail: You’re able to have the overall picture and the minute details of a project in your head at the same time.
- You are process-oriented. You can look at a problem and think through the right process to solve it.
- High EQ: You are intuitive. You can work with a lot of different people across a lot of different capabilities and levels. You’re not shy about jumping into an existing process and making recommendations or building one from scratch.
- The ability to speak creative and editorial but also business and marketing. You understand and can communicate the priorities of both.
- A proven track record of building and managing timelines and building new communications processes in an organization.
This is a full-time role based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with your application by Thursday, May 17, at 5pm ET.