Nearpod empowers educators to transform instruction through the combination of award-winning technology, ready-to-teach digital content, and unparalleled educator support. 2017 marked the second consecutive year that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and we have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Fast Company, and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Position: Freelance Project Coordinator
Nearpod’s Content Team is looking to bring on a Freelance Project Coordinator for a 6 month contract. As a Project Manager on the content team you will manage the development, design, and publishing process of a specific content offering that leverages research-based instructional practices to maximize Nearpod’s interactive features and engages students as teachers facilitate instruction.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and creation of lesson plans for engaging ready-to-teach lessons for a K-12 supplemental content offering
- Collaborate with Scriptwriters and Graphic Designers to define and execute digital content production projects
- Provide suggestions and formal proposals to improve digital content design
- Ensuring educational deliverables meet learning objectives
- Deliver projects on-time and within budget and scope
- Review final lessons after production
Required Skills and Experience:
- Available to work 40 hours/week minimum
- Undergraduate degree from from an accredited college or university required
- Teaching certification or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 2 years of project management required
- Spanish fluency required
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in publishing or education
- Strong familiarity with academic standards preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in pedagogy and instructional design
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Incredible precision, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and curriculum trends
- Ability to work independently and be responsible for meeting goals
- Energetic, with a strong work ethic, and excellent track record of success
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.