Mic is looking for an exceptional motion graphics designer to help grow our digital newsroom into the industry’s premier source of visual journalism. As a motion graphics designer, you’ll be embedded in our video team, focused on creating fresh, bold and vibrant ways to tell visual stories. Projects will range from developing templates that help expand Mic’s reach on social media platforms, to designing an animation-heavy tap-to-advance news product. You believe that the most important stories can and should be told through the right combination of video, illustration, animation and text.
This position is based in our New York City office.
- Create motion graphics for Mic’s original video series across a variety of platforms
- Bring infographics to life with motion and animation
- Work with producers and editors to deliver consistent quality video packaging
- 5+ years of experience in motion graphics/animation
- Exceptional visual and interactive design skills; a clear grasp of typography, color, motion, and behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of current design trends as well as traditional design philosophies
- Ability to quickly prototype or explain ideas to a wide set of collaborators
- Passionate about news, culture, and current events
- Ability to hit hard deadlines as well as adapt quickly
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Outstanding skills in After Effects. Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier and Indesign is a plus
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.