Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students. By combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Tripsand 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; currently, over 100,000 teachers and six million students use Nearpod every month. 2017 marks the second consecutive year that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and we have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Remotely based
Position: K12 Professional Development Sales Specialist
“Teachers don’t agree on much. Ask about curriculum, pedagogy, school culture, or discipline and you’re likely to encounter deeply held and conflicting opinions. But if there’s one belief that unites nearly all of the nation’s three million teachers, it’s this: "Professional development sucks.” -Robert Pondiscio, Senior Fellow and the Vice President for External Affairs at the Thomas B. Fordham Institute.
We're here to change that.
Nearpod recently launched Ready to Run PD (R2R), a product line offering the professional development district leaders need and teachers deserve. Our goal is to increase access to high-quality professional development (PD). We partner with educational experts to design their content into experiential workshops that address districts’ top needs. We are looking for a PD Sales Specialist who will help bring this innovative solution to districts all over the country.
The PD Sales Specialist will work with our Sales and Customer Success teams supporting the sales process from prospecting to close for Nearpod R2R products, services and solutions. The PD Sales Specialist will work with those teams to develop a comprehensive marketing and sales strategy to reach prospective accounts. The PD Sales Specialist will develop and maintain ongoing relationships with state, regional and district decision-makers to share expertise in the Nearpod R2R offerings, pedagogy and the competitive environment. Following the sales cycle, the Sales Specialist will be responsible for post-sales support with our Customer Success team and upsells to existing clients.
The R2R team is a “start-up” within the bigger Nearpod “start-up” - this position is a great opportunity to join a nimble team early on. This Sales Specialist should be knowledgeable and passionate about PD, hungry for career growth and excited to collaborate with a hands-on team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Nearpod R2R, Sales & CSM teams in developing account targeting strategy.
- Contribute to the achievement of revenue targets.
- Co-define and co-create marketing and sales enablement materials.
- Develop relationships with key K-12 decision makers within the PD segment.
- Maintain content level expertise through regular professional learning.
- Provide professional development opportunities, presentations or workshops at conferences.
- Maintain deep understanding and knowledge of Nearpod platform and Nearpod R2R solution.
- Collaborate with internal Nearpod R2R team to execute on all things including sales, marketing and services.
- Maintain positive on-going relationships with the customer during the sales cycle and after onboarding to ensure client satisfaction, renewal and upsell.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior sales experience required.
- A self-starter with a passion for K-12 education and the ability to drive educators (at all levels) to make sound decisions regarding learning outcome choices for students and teachers.
- Deep K-12 knowledge in the area of Professional Development.
- Expert on national education standards, funding, current education pedagogy and market trends.
- Excellent communicator with the skills to relate to all levels of state, regional or district K-12 employees from superintendent, administrator, teacher to para-professional.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the selling seasons.
- Aptitude to coach and train sales and customer success reps of all levels.
- Technological proficiency; working knowledge of the Nearpod tool.
- Motivation: the drive to achieve beyond what is expected.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.