Nearpod empowers educators to transform instruction through the combination of award-winning technology, ready-to-teach digital content, and unparalleled educator support. 2017 marked the second consecutive year that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and we have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Fast Company, and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Position: Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist will serve as a main point-of-contact to the company’s client base for all support-related issues. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer focused service skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with educational staff. In addition to demonstrating basic technical skills in all types of devices, experience troubleshooting mobile technologies is essential. Quick problem solvers with the ability to prioritize daily tasks will thrive in this growing, fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to answer and solve effectively all customer related issues
- Quickly respond to all incoming tickets be it via inbound, chat, or phone
- Time management in high speed environment to accomplish all goal assigned
- Work to achieve an overall 95% or above satisfaction rating with the rest of the Customer Support Team
- Effective oral and written communication skills are a must
- Handle support ticket escalations, keeping product engineers and leadership updated on situations
- Improve productivity by automating common Q/A, identifying issues to the Product team and report trends to the leadership team
- Complete additional tasks as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills; Software as a Service (SaaS) or educational Technology background is a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills; demonstrate genuine compassion and empathy toward our customer base and their questions
- Thrives in working in a fast-paced startup environment where agility is necessary as we continue to improve on processes/procedures to better handle our growing customer base
- Strive to understand and care for any customer concerns until each issue is resolved in its entirety, including providing responsive feedback
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Ability to successfully self-manage multiple tasks
- Expert typing skills
- Experience with ZenDesk, Salesforce, and Intercom a plus
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.