The Creative Director is the leader of Gimlet Creative and its team of producers. In this role, you will lead our efforts to define the future of advertising in audio. You are ultimately responsible for every part of Gimlet Creative’s output, from a custom campaign on Gimlet’s network, to a long-form series for our partners, to live events, voice integrations, and the full series of digital and social extensions surrounding our audio products.
A successful Creative Director is intimately aware of the podcast landscape and market and has deep knowledge of the creative and production process. You do not need an audio background per se, but you must have demonstrated success leading creative teams to produce innovative, breakthrough content, on deadline. You must understand the possibilities and limitations of production and be able to provide informed decision-making on what is and is not possible.
We're looking for the kind of person who has demonstrated success in scaling creative teams while maintaining the highest level of quality; you're a solutions-oriented leader and collaborator who enables and supports members of the team to do their best work and solve problems for clients. You're intuitive, empathetic and charismatic. An honest, but sensitive broker. You communicate clearly and effectively whether in one-on-one conversations with team members, presenting to a room full of clients, or writing emails and proposals.
As Creative Director, you will work closely with Gimlet’s President and VP of Brand Partnerships on the short-term and long-term strategy for Gimlet Creative. You will continuously explore how to evolve and scale GC’s ad products and services. You set the standard, values and long-term vision for Gimlet Creative and you are ultimately responsible, jointly with sales, for Gimlet Creative’s annual revenue goals.
What You Have
- 10+ years of experience in a creative field (i.e. journalism, TV or advertising)
- An in-depth understanding of how the branded audio space is evolving across podcasts, music streaming, smart home devices, in-car dashboards, and more
- A vision for the future of audio advertising, and a drive to keep Gimlet Creative at the leading edge
- Experience working with both B2B and B2C advertisers
- Demonstrated ability managing and scaling creative teams
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline
- The ability to receive and implement feedback as part of a highly collaborative work environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both within Gimlet and externally
- A proactive attitude and "let's solve this" orientation. You’re both a doer and an ideas person
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. This is a full-time position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices.