The Blavity Family is looking for a Sales Assistant/Coordinator to support critical needs for the Sales team at large. They will join our growing Business Development and Partnerships team, helping our team prepare for new business outreach, assisting with daily proposal requests, and jumping in to field general sales admin requests as needed. The Sales Associate will report directly to the Director of Sales.
You are ideal for this role if the following describes you :
- Ambitious to learn about Media Sales within a fast growing startup
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with exceptional follow-up skills.
- Reliable and mature, especially when placed under pressure with competing priorities.
- Experienced with using Powerpoint, Word and Excel to convey ideas and compelling stories.
- Service-oriented in your approach to taking direction and completing deliverables.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead Gen Support
- Assist Sales team members in building prospect lists.
- Collate marketing materials for outreach purposes.
- Build case study one-pagers with direction from the BDM’s.
Opportunity and Account Support
- Design pitch material (e.g. media plans, presentations) based on guidance from the Sales team.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on fulfilling proposal requests (e.g. RFP’s with Ad Ops).
- Collaborate with BDA’s to support outside sellers.
- Manage data within Salesforce and Dropbox (e.g. updating accounts, storing key documents).
- Quality check documents for accuracy and clarity, including pitch materials and agreements, and flagging discrepancies.
- Schedule internal meetings and taking notes when needed.
- Manage Blavity swag distribution with prospect clients.
- Assist BDA’s in logistics for client meetings at Blavity HQ.
- 0-1 year experience in media sales (internships count!)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized and comfortable managing competing priorities while under pressure
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial, self-starter who is motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to execution of task
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture.
- This is an internal-facing, non-quota sales role.