We are a media company and startup looking for an Accounting Clerk/Assistant Bookkeeper. This is a great entry level position at a rapidly growing company with an opportunity for job growth and advancement. The perfect candidate will be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented, work independently and must be efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to organize data in a logical and efficient manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially excel
- Knowledge of Google sheets
- Prior public accounting experience is a plus
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Invoice entry
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconciling accounts payable transactions and accounts receivables
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Following up with overdue clients for A/R
- Assisting with month end closing and end of quarter closing
- Please note we will be administering an Accounting and QuickBooks test.
- Criminal background check will be processed before hiring.
Compensation: $20-$30/hourly or commensurate with prior experience.