Mic seeks a dynamic and creative Director of Audience who can help fine tune our approach to finding and developing loyal viewers and readers. This leadership position will:
- Oversee and help develop strategy for platforms such as Facebook, Apple News, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
- Manage operational partner relationships and maintain Mic’s expertise in platform and distribution strategy.
- Responsible for optimizing and growing engagement for Mic across all platforms.
- Help find original, creative ways to build audiences for new programming efforts.
- Oversee knowledgeable in-house teams that execute social media coverage and all audience engagement, including newsletters, alerts and partner relationships.
- Work closely with senior editorial team to make sure audience efforts are completely in sync with video and written teams.
- Ensure that Mic’s audience efforts are consistent and adhere to the highest editorial standards.
- Collaborate closely with leaders of other departments (Editorial, Product, Analytics).
- 7-10 years of relevant experience working within the social/digital editorial space required
- Deep understanding of key social platforms (i.e. Apple News, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap)
- Advanced written and communication/presentation skills
- Experience managing high-functioning teams
- Experience working in fast-paced news environments under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; self-starter; show initiative
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 65 million with original reporting on the most important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking and give voice to the underrepresented. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s Change Makers, who most influence and impact the world.