The Blavity Family is seeking a top performing Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our sales organization. They will work with advertisers in a consultative manner to identify partnership opportunities and sell integrated marketing programs across display, branded custom content (editorial, social, video) and experiential activations.
You are ideal for this role if the following describes you:
- Fierce entrepreneur who has a proven track record closing business with large brands and agencies.
- Passionate about digital media and the topics covered by Blavity Inc. brands.
- Experience navigating internal stakeholder relationships, especially among Creative and Customer Success teams.
- Excited to coach junior Sales team members to support portfolio needs while developing their Sales skillset.
Lead Gen Management
- Representing Blavity at industry events with a high degree of professionalism and a knack for navigating new relationships.
- Collaborating with Blavity leadership in identifying and contacting top-tier media executives.
Opportunity and Account Management
- Consultatively sell the Blavity suite of services by mapping business challenges with solutions; function across entire sales cycle including demand generation, qualification, opportunity management, and agreements; close deals.
- Schedule and execute virtual and face-to-face meetings with potential and existing clients in order to build robust and meaningful client relationships.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly basis across display, branded custom content (editorial, social, video) and experiential activations.
- Drive incremental revenue and close net new business inside named accounts by uncovering opportunities and use cases, accelerating and growing the adoption of Blavity solutions, and cross-selling additional solutions.
- Closely collaborate with Customer Success and Accounts Receivable teams on active campaigns to ensure health relationships and billing needs are met.
- Partner with Marketing, Engineering, Advertising, and Events teams to design comprehensive solutions across the entire Blavity ecosystem.
- Prepare monthly sales reports, forecast and manage pipeline using CRM tools, and communicate clear reporting to senior management and executives.
- Coach and provide oversight to junior Sales team members.
- Min. 3-5 years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas, and a proven track record of success in Sales.
- Established relationships with brands and agencies, especially in the multicultural media planning space.
- Deep understanding of Blavity’s business model and general knowledge of financial concepts; demonstrated ability to analyze financial and marketing data to draw actionable conclusions.
- Collaborative, outgoing, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with demonstrated experience using excel and powerpoint to convey ideas (be prepared to provide samples).
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment!
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and the culture of Millennials of Color
- This role is based in Los Angeles and will require some travel.